Reddit has been a pretty good place to leak Windows Phone news, and the latest unverified titbit is by a user Microsoftly, who obviously claims to be a Microsoft employee, appears to indicate a massive update is coming this summer.
The wish list includes:
- Interactive live tiles
- Lock screen applications will be built inside core system
- Features in Action Center
- Music controls in Action Center
- More detailed notifications in Action Center
- Dividing line in Action Center
- Application Games to be deleted and replaced with Xbox One application dealing with avatar, messages, remote and other features.
- Name to be decided YouTube application to be built completely with html 5 coding as requested by Google
- Instagram application to have DIRECT MESSAGING and better video uploading capabilities and camera fixes UI for camera to be tweaked with enhanced features from Nokia Camera application
- KIK Messenger to be finished in late June, overhauled design and html 5 support Skype with completely new design.
- Messages in bubbles and chat heads similar to Facebook messenger?
- Facebook messenger to have improved notifications, polished design and new set of fonts along with video chat, calling and improved emoji store
- OneNote to have many new features as Word.
- A possible merger Ability to set WordFlow’s guide line to accent invisible
- Give users choice to have invisible tiles on individual applications
- New lock screen gestures input and other unique, disclosed password input technique options
- Calculator upgrades to version 2 with more scientific features
- Month view drastically changed in design in calendar application
- Alarm application to feature a stopwatch, timer and splits
- Cortana to head out of beta
- Internet Explorer applications
- Give uses the choice to delete Podcasts application
- New voice memo application Backgrounds (Accent Colour 2)
- Store with wallpapers from featured applications
- Ability to favorite applications in store to better suggestions
- Unit converting applications
- Change colour of keyboard to black, white, gray, accent colour without changing background color
- Keep word suggestion bar hidden until something is typed
- Tiles to update as frequently as 30 seconds if feature is turned on by user or developer
- Music volume controls to be centered
- OneNote having abilities to use art tools
- Facebook application from official company
- Email/Outlook application to follow same design as computer base
- Photos will have description such as name, place and time
If even half the list is true the next update for Windows Phone will be close to as massive as Windows Phone 8.1 itself was.
Does it tick all our reader’s boxes? Let us know below.