Microsoft today released a new Xbox Preview Alpha build (rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.170908-1900) which includes an improved notification system for Xbox One users. When an Xbox is idle, notifications of time-sensitive activities are now visible from far away. At a glance, gamers will now know if their friends have come online while they were away or if they have been invited to play. This will keep gamers always updated on what’s going on with their friends, clubs, broadcasts, and more.
In this build, Microsoft has also updated the screen-dimming functionality to better prevent screen ghosting, both when the screen is dimmed and when it’s showing enhanced notifications.
Read about bug fixes included in this build below.
- Controller: A new controller firmware update is available for Xbox One controllers with Bluetooth. You can manually download the update from Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories > Device info.
- Games & Apps: Fixed an issue which caused games to sometimes fail to appear in Ready to Install.
- Game Hub: Fixed an issue which sometimes caused Game Hub to display inaccurate Gamerscore or achievements.
- Minecraft Better Together Beta: Other games should no longer fail to launch after launching the Minecraft Beta.
- Blu-Ray Player: 3D Blu-Ray content now correctly plays in 3D.
Try out this build and provide feedback to Xbox team to further improve the experience.