Microsoft today released a new Insider Slow build for Office 2016 for Mac. This Version 16.8 (Build 17112902) is a big update which comes with several long-awaited improvements and features. For example, Office for Mac users can now finally enjoy Real-time co-authoring for OneDrive and SharePoint files, AutoSave feature in Excel app and more. Find the full change log below.
- Real-time co-authoring for OneDrive and SharePoint files.
- AutoSave in Excel. Changes are automatically saved as you work, and when you co-author with others, you can see their changes as they work.
- A new Share menu makes it easier to share files that are stored on OneDrive for Business or SharePoint.
- PowerPoint QuickStarter is now on Mac! Powered by the Bing Knowledge graph, QuickStarter reinvents the deck creation process by building a presentation outline to help you get started researching a topic of your choosing.
- New and modern chart types: Say hello to Waterfall, Funnel, Histogram, Pareto, Box & Whisker, Treemap, and Sunburst, six powerful charts that help you quickly visualize common financial, statistical, and hierarchical data.
Office team has also updated Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Additional methods, properties, objects, and enums available to Windows Office users will be now supported on Mac. Learn about known issues in this build here.