Kirik SD file viewer is the first SD card file viewer for windows phone. Kirik SD File Viewer helps you view and open files and folders on your SD CARD.
Note the instructions
- Files in Music, Pictures and Videos folders will NOT be shown as they can be managed only by built-in hubs.
- Kirik SD File Viewer will show the following files DIRECTLY: pdf,.epub, .mkv, .flv, .vob, .divx, .zip, .7z, .bz2, .rar, .tar, .gzip, .gz, .rtf, .log.
- For other files, you need to RENAME them by adding .kirik to their EXTENSION. For e.g if the file is mydoc.doc, you should rename it to mydoc.doc.kirik in your computer. Similarly mytext.txt should be renamed to mytext.txt.kirik. To do so, you may need to go to view, then enable ‘file extensions’ in windows explorer in your windows 7 pc.
- You need relevant apps to open your files. Examples are Adobe reader, yxplayer etc. Some files like .mp3, .wmv (renamed to .mp3.kirik and .wmv.kirik) will be opened by built-in apps.
- SD Card is read-only. So no create, edit, rename or copy of files.
- Files will be copied to temporary memory before opening. So bigger files will take time to open. All temporary files will be deleted when you open the app next time.
Using this app, you can do some things you otherwise probably cannot…like
- Open pdf in sd card using Adobe reader.
- Open office documents in sd card (with .kirik extension)
- Open txt files in sd card etc
The first version is out, expect more features in coming versions. The app costs $1.99 and you can get it here
A free lite version serves as trial which shows and opens three file types: .flv, .rar and .pdf. You can try it here