Joe Belfiore on Twitter today posted series of tweets regarding Windows Phone 8.1. Find the highlights below:
- Microsoft used apps instead of hubs for music, video and other because it can be updated individually since it is built on 3rd party platform. It makes the platform better as apps improve over time. He thanked the previewers for helping them in tuning the app.
- On why social network integration is removed – It previously supported only smaller number of social networks, but now any network can be added.
- More updates for Facebook and Skype apps are coming.
- Lockscreen apps are still coming. It will be in beta for couple of weeks for 1GB devices. Joe and few others are already running on their devices and now working to polish the feature to release it via dev preview. Not on 512mb devices as they want to make lock fast/stay in memory.
- Why many apps are not universal? WP8.1 is just in preview. Developers are targeting the large installed based, that is WP8.
- WP8.1 SW is finished and they are testing update code fixing the bugs.