Following the yesterday’s announcement about support for Live TV on Xbox 360 console, Hulu today announced that their live TV plan subscribers can now stream live TV content through browsers on their PCs. Until now, Hulu Live TV was limited to mobile devices and TV experiences. Unlike Sling TV, Hulu Live TV experience will be supported without a plugin or extension on Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer 11 on PCs running Windows 7 and above.
With the current experience, you can browse and watch Live TV from 50+ top channels, see what’s on next on individual networks and search for and watch everything available on Hulu including on-demand TV Shows, movies, Hulu originals, kids shows and premium add-ons including HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime. It also allows you to enjoy multiple streams. Hulu noted that this is a very early version of the new Hulu experience on the Web and they will continue to add more features over next few months.
To access this new experience on hulu.com:
- Ensure your browser and operating system meets these minimum requirements:
- Supported browsers include Internet Explorer 10 or above, Firefox 15 or above, Safari 5 or above, Chrome, or Edge
- Supported operating systems include Microsoft Windows 7 or above, Macintosh OS X 10.6 or above
- Sign in to your account on hulu.com
- Hover over your account name in the top-right corner
- Select Watch Hulu with Live TV Beta
- Enable location services for your browser.
You can provide your feedback on this new experience here.