Microsoft’s Surface and Apple’s iPad have been going head-to-head quite a lot in the past few years. Recently, Microsoft took on Apple’s “What’s a computer?” ad, and the company also took on Apple’s MacBook devices with a series of new ads. Just like a lot of other Windows OEMs, Huawei also launched its own Surface-like 2-in-1 device running Windows 10 recently. And the company’s MateBook device is joining the party, too. Earlier this week, Huawei released a new video where the company puts the MateBook against the iPad Pro where we also get to see the Surface:
In the video, Huawei shows off some of the MateBook’s features, including things like the built-in fingerprint scanner, its lightweight design, the ability to run full-fledged Windows 10 apps, and the stylus.
- Run full apps with Windows 10 and an energy-efficient 6th generation Intel core m-series processor
- Dive instantly into your device with the world’s first tablet side-fingerprint sensor that unlocks the screen with a single touch
- Stay on the move with a metal unibody design that’s a mere 1.41 pounds and only 0.27” thin
- Enjoy amazing clarity on a 12” 10-point touchscreen with a 2160 x 1440 high-definition resolution and a nearly side-to-side, 160-degree viewing angle
- Present like a pro with a 5MP front camera, dual digital microphone, and dual speakers
- Get a full workstation experience with the MatePen stylus and Portfolio Keyboard
Huawei’s ad isn’t anything different from Microsoft’s Surface videos where the company takes on the iPad Pro. Nevertheless, it is quite refreshing to see other OEMs joining Microsoft’s Surface and Apple’s iPad in the so-called party.
You can get the Huawei MateBook from the links below: