Along with all the new Windows 10 PCs, HP today also unveiled its Star Wars Special Edition notebook to deliver an incredible experience for fans around the world in anticipation of the release of Star Wars: “The Force Awakens.”
Inspired by the Galactic Empire, the Star WarsTM Special Edition notebook has a “battle-worn” distressed design with “Galactic Empire” written in the unique Star Wars Aurebesh font on the hinge and iconic Stormtroopers on the keyboard deck. The touchpad design mirrors the X-Wing Star Fighter Guidance System and the red backlit keyboard completes the dark-side design.
The Star Wars Special Edition notebook comes with Full HD and optional touch in a 15.6 inch diagonal display. It is powered by sixth generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors, up to 12GB RAM, up to 2 TB of HDD and the option to select between Intel HD Graphics 520 and NVIDIA GeForce 940M graphics processors. It offers up to 7 hours of battery life. It also has B&O Play and dual speakers for great audio experience.
Customized Software Experience:
The Star Wars Special Edition notebook unleashes a one-of-kind experience through software, content and audio on the Windows 10 PC. Customers click on the Imperial Cog desktop icon to be taken to the Star Wars Command Center for browsing the Star Wars Special Edition notebook’s Themes and Galleries. Users will have access to unique content collections with over 1,100 images spanning 40 years of Star Wars history. Content includes extraordinary behind-the-scenes images, storyboards, artwork, classic photos, set and costume designs, and audio selections.
- Themes offer customizability with sound, wallpaper and screensaver collections. This gives customers the option to replace the standard Windows notification sounds with eight categories of iconic Star Wars sounds including R2-D2 and lightsaber. Customers can choose wallpapers including planetary collections based on movie stills to truly create their own experience.
- Galleries host several categories for customers to explore Star Wars content. Customers can view original movie posters in Collections or explore the Concept Art section to view Lucasfilm art that guided movie development including early ideas on characters, costumes and settings. Illustrated Art celebrates Star Wars with artwork from black and whites to comic book art.
The Star Wars Special Edition notebook includes several more features to enhance the customer experience. This includes access to the first Marvel Star Wars comic in the series, e-book excerpts from select Star Wars titles and Star Wars movie trailers. All features can be easily found on the desktop.
Hardcore fans will appreciate added Star Wars nuances on the Star Wars Special Edition notebook. Aurebesh font allows customers to type in Galactic Base Standard language for a truly engaging Star Wars experience. The Aurebesh font is located with other standard fonts in the font library. Another nod to Star Wars includes replacing the Recycle Bin with a Death Star icon – not destroyed when empty and destroyed when full.
The Star Wars Special Edition notebook includes a free one-year membership, a $90 value, to Fandor, a subscription movie viewing service and social video sharing platform. Customers will have access to a handpicked collection of the most talked-about independent films from around the world.
Pricing and availability:
The Star Wars Special Edition notebook is expected to be available in the United States on November 8, 2015 at www.hpshopping.com and select retailers. Customers can pre-order the Star Wars Special Edition notebook starting on October 8, 2015.The Star Wars Special Edition Wireless Mouse and Star Wars Special Edition Sleeve will be available soon.
- Star WarsTM Special Edition notebook starting price is $699.99.
- Star WarsTM Special Edition Wireless Mouse is $39.99.
- Star WarsTM Special Edition Sleeve is $39.99.