Marble World is a version of “guide the ball down the hill“- game which has been around since the ZX Spectrum. Whats different these days is that we are not controlling the ball with our joystick anymore.
Marble Worlds 2 is only the second commercial game I know of that uses the G-sensor, the other being Resco Bubbles.
In Marble World 2 you guide your Marble through the isometric 3D scenery of Marble Worlds collecting gems and solving puzzles as you go. The game is large and you can explore one hundred play areas across 5 different themed worlds.
Use features such as bounce pads, air blowers, jet holes and exploding bombs whilst avoiding the evil marbles. Marble Worlds is a highly addictive and playable challenge, and hours of fun.
The game now features full touch screen control and but also supports the accelerometer on the HTC Diamond series devices. I have tried it successfully on the HTC Touch HD, where it gives an amazing giant-screen experience. Improvements over Marble World 1 include a new gaming engine which now supports more detailed graphics, an updates user interface, and many additional new features.
- Touch screen control
- Accelerometer (tilt control)
- Air Blowers to float on
- Rebounders to bounce off extra fast
- Trampolines to bounce extra high
- Energy draining water
- Slippery Ice
- Switches and changing scenery
- Bombs and exploding blocks
- Bridges to cross gaps and chasms
- See through fences and glass panels
- Jet holes to propel your marble sky high
- Portals to warp from one place to another
- Evil marbles that zap your strength
- Checkpoints and save game feature
- Popup hints to aid puzzle solving
- Practice level feature
- High score table!
The game is on sale for $14.95/Â£9.95. While this is well within the range of most Windows Mobile games a rather contentious issue is that 4Pocket sells the same game for the iPhone for only $2.99 with essentially the same content.
We hope to have a full video review later.
Read more about the game at 4Pocket.com.