Following on the surprise release of a Xbox Live app for iOS, Microsoft has now also revealed that the Halo ATLAS app, which will provide top-down maps for Halo:Reach and Halo:Anniversary games on Windows Phone will also be coming to iOS and Android.
The apps provide:
- Weapon and vehicle spawn locations for Matchmaking and Firefight games.
- Health pack locations.
- Near-real-time locations for weapons and vehicles during Custom Multiplayer games.
- Your location and that of your team members displayed on the map.
- â€˜Follow meâ€™ mode to track your movement.
- Dynamic player list, including current score for the teams and each player and equipped weapon for you and your teammates.
The apps will become available on December 10 as part of Halo Waypoint on Windows Phone 7, iOS, and Android devices. In a small nod to Windows Phone 7 the Windows Phone app will be free, while it will cost $4.99 on iOS and Android.
Read more at Xbox.com here.
Do our readers think these apps should have remained exclusive to Windows Phone? Let us know below.