Microsoft updated the Groove Music and Film and TV app last night for Windows 10 and Windows 10 mobile.
The store doesn’t have a detailed changelog but Microsoft’s Ellen Kilbourne posted one out on the Microsoft answers site.
Here’s the rather hefty changelog below:
- Minor fixes and improvements
- Check out the new app intro for first launch. It highlights key features while we assemble your music collection in the background
- Pin your favorite albums, artists, and playlists to Start for easy access
- Pin the app itself, and the tile will show you art and info for the current song whenever you go to Start
- Filter your playlists to see the songs that are streaming only or are only on your currently device
We are still working on these known issues:
- Onscreen keyboard doesn’t appear when you select the search box while in tablet mode
- Playback pauses when you minimize the app
We would also like to note that the Explore tab which allows music pass holders to get music and the radio section in the hamburger are still not present.
Here’s the changelog for Film and TV. It’s not much but contains fixes and improvements.
A new release is available today for the Movies & TV app on Windows 10. This release (version 3.6.1239) includes minor fixes and improvements.
In addition to the bug fixes and improvements, we also note that the page for movies/films now features transparency and shows you related films as pictured below.
What do you think of these updates? Make sure to give feedback in either the uservoice app or the feedback app.
Get the updates by heading to the store and pressing check for updates in the dropdown/hamburger menu.