A few weeks ago we reported that GDP was ready to release a second generation GPD Pocket Windows 10 PC, the GPD Pocket 2.
Now the company has opened up the crowd-funding site on Indiegogo, and have already raised nearly $750,000 from 1,300 backers, more than 7 times their original $100,000 target, with 30 more days to go.
The much-upgraded device now features an Intel Core M3-7Y30 Kaby lake processor, upgraded from an Intel Atom X7, a thinner design (only 8.5 mm thick at its thinnest), smaller bezels and more ports.
The full spec includes:
- OS: Windows 10 Home.
- Design: UNIBODY machined magnalium body.
- Display: 7-inch (1920×1200) H-IPS display with support for multi-touch and 323 PPI.
- Processor: Intel Core m3-7y30 clocked at 1.0GHz/2.6GHz (Dual core with 4 threads).
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 615
- RAM and storage: 4GB / 8GB LPDDR3 and 128GB internal storage.
- Connectivity: Supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks and Bluetooth 4.1.
- Two USB-A Ports and one USB-C port.
- Size: 181×113×8-14mm.
- Weight: 465g.
- Features active cooling.
Ports include two USB 3.x Type-A ports, a USB Type-C port, a microSD card slot, and a headset jack.
See a video comparing it to the earlier generation below:
The new sleeker device is selling for $529-$599 on Indiegogo and the expected retail price is $769, with the device expected to ship in October 2018.
Get in early before the best deals are gone at Indiegogo here.