Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Today, Google announced that it is combining its two different payment platforms, Android Pay and Google Wallet into a single brand called Google Pay. With Google Pay, you can save your payment information to your Google Account, and use it for checkout process wherever it is supported. Over the coming weeks, Google Pay will appear online, in store, and across Google products. And any credit, debit, gift, or loyalty cards you added to Android Pay or Google Wallet will stay saved. Your payment information is linked to your Google Account when you:
- Buy a Google product or service (like an app or movie on Google Play or storage space for Google Drive)
- Add cards to Android Pay, Google Wallet, Chrome, or another Google payment product.
Google Pay is also supported on 3rd party services such as Airbnb, Dice, Fandango, HungryHouse, Instacart, and several other apps and websites you love. To encourage people to try out Google Pay, Google has partnered with some of them for following offers:
- Get $10 off your B&H order with Google Pay (order $50+)
- Get $5 off your Fandango tickets with Google Pay
- Get $10 off your Instacart order with Google Pay (orders $35+)
If you’re a developer, you can learn how you can implement Google Pay here.