Thousands of organizations around the world use GitHub and JIRA together to manage software projects. In order to enhance the experience for these customers, GitHub today announced that it has developed an improved integration of JIRA Software Cloud with GitHub. Once the GitHub account is connected with JIRA, the new integration updates Jira with data from GitHub, providing enterprises with visibility into the status of the project. With the improved integration you can:
- Use smart commits to update the status, leave a comment, or log time without leaving your command line or GitHub
- View associated pull requests, commits, and branches from within a Jira ticket
- Search for Jira issues based on related GitHub information, such as open pull requests
- See the status of development work from within Jira projects
- Automatically keep your Jira issue up to date while working in GitHub (through workflow triggers
Learn more about this integration here.