Fournova, the developer of the popular Git client Tower today announced a public beta for its new windows app. Windows developers can now try out the app for free, and the app features a host of features. According to Fournova, the Tower app for Windows has been built using native technologies — however, it isn’t an Universal Windows App. Tobias Gunther, the CEO of Fournova stated:
“The response to our private beta was amazing. Thousands of users tested the Windows version over the course of the last months and gave us valuable feedback. With today’s launch of the public beta we give everyone instant access to the beta version. We’re excited about the feedback and are looking forward to make Tower the best Git client for Windows with the help of our users.”
Some of the top features of the app are listed below:
- Clear Interface – Streamlined, tried & tested workflows and a beautiful design.
- Performance – Fast. Lean. Responsive.
- Open Multiple Repos – Open and work with multiple repos simultaneously.
- Services Manager – Clone your GitHub / Bitbucket / Visual Studio repos with a single click.
- Conflict Wizard – Solve merge conflicts with ease. Goodbye fear. Hello confidence.
- git-flow Support – Use the popular “git-flow” branching model right from within Tower.
- Open Quickly – Find & open repositories lightning-fast – without touching the mouse.
- Searching & Filtering – A powerful search feature helps you find what you’re looking for.
- Repository Manager – Lean and simple local repository bookmarks.
- Always Up-to-Date – New remote changes are fetched automatically in the background.
- Unsynced Commits – Instantly see which commits haven’t been pushed or pulled, yet.
- Details for Everything – See all details about Stashes, Remotes, and Submodules quicker than ever.
- Cloning Queue – Cloning repositories happens in the background – so you can continue working.
- Faster Committing – The commit dialog is integrated into the working copy view for faster access.
If you want to try out Tower on your Windows PC, head over to this link.