Ghost Recon Wildlands was somewhat of a disaster when it came out. The game had many issues like problems with physics, quests, computer-controlled characters and gunplay. Ubisoft hasn’t given up on the title and a 3 GB update should hit Xbox One any time now as the PC patch came out a day ago. The upgrade brings various connectivity and stability improvements which the game desperately needed. The patch notes are as follows:
Ubisoft received reports of some players having issues with certain missions in the game. After investigating the causes, they implemented fixes so they can now have a smooth experience. They also fixed an experience farming exploit related to the Rebellion Rising mission, which created interference with the co-op experience.
- Adjusted various missions markers and pathfinding parameters.
- The Gold Rush, Sueno’s proposition, Sandoval Dead Body and El Cerebro missions are now unlocked correctly for players who reported issues.
- Adjusted various mission triggers in order to smoothen the player’s progress and game experience.
- Fixed situations where dialogue and barks would not trigger correctly.
- The El Cerebro, Boss, Sandoval Confession and Western cocaine cache missions are now replayable.
- Fixed infinite experiece farming exploit on Rebellion Rising mission.
- Characters now exit the vehicle properly in certain missions.
Ubisoft implemented various fixes and tweaks related to trophy and weapon packs unlocking. They also fixed an issue related to the Charactersmith model not being positioned correctly. On top of that, players who love to play with the interface completely hidden will now be able to select the type of intel they want to collect when they interact with files or characters.
- Players can now select what intel they want to collect, even with all the interface options off.
- Fixed some weapon packs not unlocking properly.
- Fixed character hiding behind menus in certain situations.
- Interface now updates when experience boosters are active.
- A Better Mousetrap and The Cluster Bomber achievements will now be awarded.
- Fixed a bug where hits would register with lag.
- Fixed kick and ban vote notifications.
- Fixed game freezes in sessions.
- Fixed paint jobs and attachments not showing correctly in the lobby.
- Fixed Rebel Radio explosion not synchronizing.
- Fixed sniper scope glare effect not synchronizing.
- Fixed players seen running beside vehicles they should be sitting in.
- Fixed suppressor not synchronizing when removed from a vehicle’s shooting position.
- Fixed burning corpses from systemic events.
- Fixed explosion not replicating if the distance is too high.
- Fixed various disconnection bugs.
- Fixed a bug where the user could not reconnect to a previous session.
- Fixed errors when looking for public sessions.
- Players can now select the vehicle they want to spawn when using the Drop Vehicle rebel skill.
- Fixed experience awarded when killing an enemy undetected.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes vehicle seats could stay booked after character’s exit.
- Fixed a bug where the player would take cover too far from certain props.
- Players can no longer teleport to safe houses while being hunted.
- The Medical Helicopter will now spawn correctly in the Tabacal area mission.
- Fixed bikes not slowing down in water.
- Fixed flash grenades not stopping detection.
- Fixed an occasional instant Game Over when falling off a dirt bike.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the player could not tag enemies after hot joining.
- Adjusted damage caused by explosives in Arcade difficulty.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes pilots didn’t die after helicopter crash.
- Fixed a situation where sometimes vehicles disappeared when driving at high speeds.
- Added a feature allowing the player to mute every radio in-game.
- Fixed car radio not functioning in various situations.
- Amplified the radio voice effects to avoid player confusing El Sueño’s voice on the radio.
- Introduction video mix enhanced.
- Fixed player models appearing with twisted limbs if they were killed in certain positions.
- Fixed low-resolution textures appearing while playing.
- Fixed camera clipping through some textures.
- Fixed missing textures in certain environments.
- Fixed drone showing blur effect on objects.
- Fixed textures flickering when using parachute or helicopter.
- Fixed various crashes which occurred randomly during gameplay.
- Fixed an occasional infinite loading screen after validating settings at first launch.
- Fixed various world building glitches.
- Fixed some world parts where the player could get stuck.
This is a substantial update and it’s good to see Ubisoft addressing player concerns. Hopefully future Ghost Recon Wildlands expansion will improve the narrative and provide more compelling stories. However, addressing these crucial bugs is a great first step.