Microsoft recently announced that the popular Gears of War 4 game has been enhanced for the Xbox One X. By taking advantage of the full power of Xbox One X, Gears of War 4 will support two Preferred Rendering Options – Visuals and Performance. Gamers can enjoy the richness and details with true 4K HDR visuals (3840×2160) at 30fps for Campaign and Horde in the new Visuals Rendering Mode. Or in Performance mode they can play at up to 60fps in 1080p in Campaign and Horde – all including higher resolution textures and some of the new enhanced graphical features available in Visuals mode. This game will offer immersive audio experience, thanks to the support for Dolby Atmos.
This free update will also come with following graphical improvements:
- Enhanced Light Shafts: Also known as God Rays, Enhanced Light Shafts provide true-to-life beams of sunlight in the world. Prepare for jaw dropping lighting as the God Rays peek through gaps in the canopy of trees above you, or in sunset conditions peeking through buildings and statues.
- Dynamic Shadows: Shadows in Gears of War 4 are usually pre-defined by an artist to accurately reflect the shadows objects in the world would cast based on the lighting. On Xbox One X, dynamic shadows now react true to the lighting conditions and movement of objects – for example, trees blowing in the wind will cast an accurate moving shadow on the ground – bringing the world of Sera to life like never before.
- Increased Draw Distances: With the power of Xbox One X, we can maintain higher resolution textures at a further distance than ever before – creating a higher fidelity picture and crisper world around you, even on the horizon.
- Superior Reflections: We’ve pushed our surface space reflections even further to look closer to as you would expect in real life. Reflective surfaces now have a higher definition reflection of your character – whether that’s in a mirror-like reflection of water, or the muddied color reflective nature of metal. It looks especially awesome on the DeeBee’s metallic armor!
- Enhanced Character Textures: With our higher resolution textures now available on console thanks to Xbox One X, characters show more detail from head to toe. They’ve never looked better!
Check out the new trailer that showcases the new graphical and gameplay enhancements that will be available on Xbox One X below.
You can buy Gears of War 4 from Xbox Store here. You can also pre-order Xbox One X using the below links,