Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Along with the new Fitbit Versa 2 smartwatch, Fitbit today announced Fitbit Premium, its new health and fitness subscription service that can offer actionable guidance and coaching to help you achieve your health and fitness goals.
“At Fitbit, we’re focused on making health accessible and more achievable. With Fitbit Premium, we’re excited to deliver our most personalized experience yet. It will evolve with you and get smarter over time, delivering the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your health goals,” said James Park, co-founder and CEO of Fitbit. “The launch of Premium also marks an important milestone as we expand our business beyond devices and deliver new and innovative ways to engage our more than 27 million active users, while also attracting new users to the Fitbit platform.”
Fitbit Premium will offer the following at launch:
- Based on your goals, schedule and fitness level, Premium creates customized programs to help you move more, eat well and sleep better. Each program lasts a few weeks and walks you through how to build healthy habits, step by step.
- Fitbit gives you general insights. Premium gives you personalized insights about your activity, exercise, heart rate and sleep that show how your actions impact your health—and get clear guidance on what you can do to improve.
Advanced Sleep features:
- Analysis of your free daily Sleep Score, with a breakdown of your score and graphs to show how it was calculated based on your time asleep, deep and REM sleep stages and restoration.
- Time asleep: See how time spent asleep versus awake impacts your score. While it is normal to spend some time awake, too much can lower your score. Your score is also based on if you reach your sleep goal each night.
- Deep and REM sleep stages: Understand how time (and percentages) in each stage of sleep adds to or detracts from your score. These regenerative sleep stages give you a better understanding of your sleep quality.
- Restoration: See how your sleeping heart rate compares to your average resting heart rate – an indicator of a restful night’s sleep – and how much time you spend tossing and turning. Your score will be higher if your heart rate is lower during sleep compared to your resting heart rate. Users whose heart rate was below their daytime resting heart rate for 60 percent or more during the night report more restorative sleep.
- Two guided programs, Get More Zzz’s and Habits for Restful Sleep, to help increase how long you sleep and improve your sleep quality.
- A selection of 15- to 45-minute audio relaxation tools to help you wind down and fall asleep.
- New correlated insights based on your Fitbit data that reveal connections between your sleep and activity, such as: “When you walk more than your average 8,502 steps, you get 7 more minutes of deep sleep, helping you feel more rested. Keep stepping to improve your chances of better sleep tonight.”
- Wake up to a new workout every day that’s custom-made for you, and access thousands of video and audio workouts anytime. As you give feedback, Premium fine tunes your sessions so you’re always getting just the right challenge for you.
Fitbit Premium be available in 17 countries from September 2019 at $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year (USD). Fitbit will also be offering bundles along with its wearables. The one-to-one coaching pilot, which will include a Premium membership, is expected to become available in the U.S. later this year for an additional cost.