Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
At the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC), Facebook announced several updates around Live Video and Watch Party for video creators and publishers around the world. With these changes, Facebook is trying to make its platform attractive to professional video creators who are currently on YouTube.
Live Video updates:
- Facebook now allows publishers to use a “rehearsal” feature to broadcast only to Page admins and editors to test new production setups and others.
- You can now trim the beginning and end of a live video.
- Live broadcast limit increased to 8 hours.
- Via the Live API, publishers can finally use apps that allow them to stream videos to more than one streaming service at once.
- Pages can now schedule a Watch Party in advance to build anticipation.
- Watch Party now supports replays.
- Publishers can now tag business partners in branded content
- Watch Party now supports new analytics.
- Creator Studio dashboard now comes with a new visualization layer in Loyalty Insights to help publishers see which videos loyal fans want to see, by measuring which videos drive return viewers.
- A new Distribution metric will score each video’s performance based on the Page’s historic average on a range of metrics, including: 1 Minute Views, Average Minutes Watched, and Retention.
- Creator Studio now supports 13 more languages for auto-captioning.
Facebook also announced that publishers and creators can now publish and schedule their Instagram Feed and IGTV content for up to 6 months. In the future, Instagram Feed and IGTV drafting and editing will also be supported.