Microsoft Media Platform team hasÂ released their 1.1 version of the Player Framework for Windows Phone 8. This update includes several new features and unfortunately it is based on Windows 8 Xaml version code base, so it won’t work onÂ Windows PhoneÂ 7.x devices.
- Support for WP8
- Performance improvements
- Fully localizable
- Easier to skin, brand, & style
- New default style matches Windows Phone default video player’s
- Advertising support
- Faster media/channel switching
- Installs as VS extension SDK
- Smaller runtime
- MEF is no longer used to load plugins, plugins need to be manually added.
- TTML rendering improvements (e.g. text outline support)
- Smooth streaming support via new AdaptivePlugin.
- 100% backward compatibility with MediaElement API
- Touch interaction improvements
- Built in caption track selection UI
- Built in audio track selection UI
- Click to play support to help save bandwidth until user decides to play
- New optional buttons in the UI
- Landscape and portrait layout support
- Poster support
- Tracking plugin for monitoring playback
Download the latest version here at Codeplex.
via: Windows Team Blog