Today Surfy Browser, the popular web browser app for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10, has been updated to version 5.28, sporting a brand-new clean logo design.
Surfy Browser is also now available in beta on the Android platform, via the Google Play Store. At present the beta is limited to the first few hundred users. So, get in fast if you want to see what Surfy Browser on Android has to offer.
To take part in the Android beta, visit the Android Beta Testers group on Google+.
Some new features in Surfy Browser on Android include passcode protected tiles and the ability to save an entire browsing session to a tile. The browsing session can also include automatic private browsing mode and the ability to show or hide a screenshot of the page or pages on the tile.
We’re hoping these new features make their way to Surfy Browser for Windows in the not too distant future.
If you are yet to try Surfy Browser on Windows, or if it’s been a while since you last took a look, I recommend you go and download the latest version and enjoy Surfy’s unique set of features listed below:
- Real swipable tabs
- Mobile optimization, which can reduce data usage down to as little as 20%
- Passcode protection
- Shake to refresh
- Voice Search (WP 8.1)
- Voice commands launch favorites and well known pages
- Save and Share downloaded files
- Transfer files to a computer over Wi-Fi
- Export downloaded files to SD Card
- Export any file to Media Library
- Download YouTube videos
- Private browsing
- Themable Panoramic hub with customizable background image
- Share links via NFC
- Save Passwords and Logins
- Desktop mode
- Download manager with foreground and background downloads
- Multiple search providers: Google Bing DuckDuckGo Yahoo! Baidu
- Searchable history
- Clear cookies and cache with history
- Private browsing at start-up
- Set desktop or reading mode for individual tabs
- Share pages via Email SMS, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, & NFC
- Night dimmer
- Listen to pages with Surfy’s amazing multilingual text to speech engine
- Save images & open links via context menu
- Find on Page
- Customize tabs and application bar colors
- Pin pages to the Launch Pad