Dell today announced the Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme, the most powerful 12-inch rugged tablet that will meet the demands of most critical workplaces. The main highlight of this tablet is the improved 1000 nits full HD display that comes with anti-glare coatings and supports touch even when used with gloves. Another highlight is that the Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme supports access to the physically separate and dedicated FirstNet network core, FirstNet First Priority and the FirstNet Band 14 spectrum. Learn about other features of this tablet below.
- High-performance processing power for the most in-demand field applications – The tablet can be configured to individual user needs, with options including the latest 8th Generation Intel Core Processors boasting up to 2TB of high performance and reliable PCIe solid state drives.
- Reliability and safety in extreme environments – The tablet has passed MIL-STD-810G/H testing and is also IP-65 rated for protection against dust, dirt, and water ingress, along with hazardous location Class 1 Div 2 certifications. Drop tested from 4 ft and tested to withstand -20 to 145 Fahrenheit temperatures, the tablet is built to support you whatever the environment.
- Uninterrupted power – Optional dual hot-swappable battery-architecture and on-the-go charging ecosystem for uninterrupted operation.
- Optimal Screen Interactivity – Anti-glare treatments on the 1000 NIT FHD displays provides excellent readability in all conditions. The new Rugged Active Pen and glove-capable multi-touch functionality enables a reliable pen and touch experience.
- Mission-critical connectivity – 802.11ax Wifi, global 4G/LTE broadband and assignable RF pass-through options for WWAN, WLAN and GPS mean users can easily stay connected wherever they are.
- Integrated security features – A built-in infrared camera with Windows Hello facial recognition allows users to log in into their devices securely and easily. Optional next-generation fingerprint, contactless and contacted smartcard readers benefit those needing to balance the security of their data with user accessibility.
- Easy integration – IT managers will appreciate the ease of deployment – the Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme tablet is compatible with most existing Latitude Rugged Extreme tablet vehicle and desk docks and previous generation accessories.
- Support services designed to make unplanned downtime a thing of the past – Dell Pro Support Plus service options include 24/7 access to the most experienced Dell technicians and same or next business day onsite repair after remote diagnosis.
The new Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme tablet is now available starting at $1,899.