Dell yesterday announced the completely redesigned Latitude series laptops. In fact, this is the 10th generation of Latitude laptops. Depending on the price range, there will be three categories: Latitude 7000 series, Latitude 5000 series and Latitude 3000 series. All of them are powered by Windows 10 Pro.
- Latitude 7000 series—In 13- and 14-inch form factors, the Latitude 7000 series are the world’s smallest premium business-class notebooks available. Encased in durable new machined aluminum or carbon fiber materials, the laptops feature a variable-torque, drop-hinge design that enables easy, one-finger opening of the anti-glare, narrow-border display.
- Latitude 5000 series—The world’s smallest mainstream business-class notebooks also offer the broadest range of business features and configurability. The Latitude 5000 series form factors (13-, 14-, and 15-inch) in new carbon fiber reinforced chassis and an industry-leading run time of up to 22 hours. In addition, the new Latitude 5300 2-in-1 is the world’s smallest mainstream business-class tablet. Starting at just 3.15 pounds, it can be configured with up to 32 GB of memory and up to 1 TB of storage.
- Latitude 3000 series—The new Latitude 3000 series sets the standard for entry-level business notebooks with enterprise-class capabilities for essential productivity, while remaining accessible to any company. The series features a stunning, new 13-inch model, which is the world’s smallest and lightest 13-inch essential notebook.
All the above series of laptops come with several express technology from Dell. The ExpressCharge provides an up to 80% battery charge in just one hour, ExpressCharge Boost charges to up to 35% in just 20 minutes and the ExpressConnect intelligently detects and connects to the strongest WiFi for up to 40% faster throughput than a conventional antenna. These laptops can be configured with fingerprint readers built into the power button and Windows Hello-capable IR cameras. They can also be configured with Dell SafeScreen, new camera privacy shutters and FIPS 201 contacted Smart Card Reader or contactless Smart Card Reader with SafeID to protect credentials.
To go with these new laptops, Dell also announced its next generation docks. These docks are available with three connectivity options – Thunderbolt 3, dual USB-C or single USB-C and featuring ExpressCharge and ExpressCharge Boost technology. These docks are upgradable, you can either change the connectivity or power delivery according to the needs. They also come with management capabilities to streamline deployment and management through unified firmware.
Pricing and Availability:
Dell’s 10th generation Latitude portfolio is available for sale on May 1 at Dell.com.
- Latitude 7×00 laptops starting at $1,299
- Latitude 7200 2-in-1 starting at $999
- Latitude 5×00 laptops starting at $819
- Latitude 5×01 laptops starting at $1,179
- Latitude 5300 2-in-1 starting at $949
- Latitude 3×00 laptops starting at $599
Dell’s next-gen docks are available now at Dell.com.
- Dell Dock (WD19) for $229.99 for 130W and $279.99 for 180W
- Performance Dock (WD19DC) for $329.99
- Thunderbolt Dock (WD19TB) for $329.99