After a long period of beta testing, Deezer is finally bringing its Windows 10 app out of preview for users of Microsoft’s newest OS.
Here’s what Deezer highlights in the Windows 10 app.
- Lyrics – Sing or follow along to your favourite tunes and never miss a single beat.
- Playlist – Be your own personal DJ and build and manage your own playlist by adding or deleting as many tracks as you want.
- Top Tracks – Keep track of what you listen to the most and look back at your listening history
- New Navigation – Easy-to-use menu to discover new artists and albums and follow your favourite editors or fellow Deezer users.
- Offline – Premium+ listeners can listen to all their saved tracks and playlists in offline mode
If you’ve been using the old Deezer app on your Windows 10 device, you’ll have to re-download the new app. While it still says “preview” this is indeed the current app for Windows 10 users, and the older apps are now limited to Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.
Matthieu Gorvan, Deputy CTO at Deezer noted that the Windows community would have a more robust experience with this new app, stating“We are excited to be able to bring this update to fans and look forward to using this as an opportunity to continue to deliver what Windows users want and need the most”
Of course, Deezer isn’t without its competition. Microsoft’s Groove Music service has the advantage of being a native app on Windows 10, as well as being on iOS and Android. However, with Deezer also being cross-platform with a bigger brand name in the music world as well as having a decent universal app for desktop users – it just may have the edge for some.
Grab Deezer for Windows 10 from the store link below: