The latest patch for THQ Nordic’s Darksiders 3 aims to make the combat more like the last two games in the series.
Available on all systems, this second patch will give you the option to choose between Default and Classic modes.
Default mode is described as a, “more methodical combat system than Darksiders 1 and 2.” On the other hand, Classic mode is described as, “classic hack and slash combat similar to Darksiders 1 and 2.”
In Classic mode, the protagonist Fury will not be able to interrupt her attacks using her trusty dodge and also use items instantly.
The newest patch also adds to following fixes, changes and improvements:
- Added new option for Combat. Upon loading a save or starting a new game, players will be prompted to choose between “Default” and “Classic” combat. “Classic” mode should feel more like previous Darksiders titles allowing Fury to dodge interrupt her attacks as well use items instantly. “Default” mode is the original combat mode for Darksiders III. The option can be changed at any point in gameplay options while playing. This has no other effects on difficulty or achievements.
- Improved ledge grab detection on Fury so she can more consistently grab ledges.
- Additional optimizations to help stuttering while streaming.
- Added “Health Lurcher” item to Vulgrim that allows player to purchase refills for Nephilim’s Respite .
- Added “Echo Mark” item to Vulgrim that allows player to refund their spent attribute points.
- Added a few new checkpoints.
- Raised the level cap to 200. Also, rebalanced leveling curve post level 80 as well as stat rewards..
- Fixes for random crashes
- General performance improvements.
- Fix for Force Coral where it wouldn’t break correctly. This will also fix previous saves with this issue.
- Fix for some checkpoints that weren’t registering.
- Cycling difficulty options while in game will not affect actual difficulty unless it is changed.
- Fix for Abraxis Health bar showing up but he is missing.
- Fury will no longer take damage while performing an Arcane Counters.
- Havoc Form does more Damage.
- Increased Havoc Generation on Obscurus Enhancement.
- Increased Health and Damage amounts on Fortifier Enhancement.
- Increased Health Regeneration on Leviathan Enhancement.
- Increased Lurcher Reward from destroying breakables on Leviathan Enhancement.
- Increased Chance to Spawn Wrath when killing an Enemy on Rage Enhancement.
We thought that Darksiders 3 was a decent game that suffers from some serious technological issues. Read our review here. From our small amount of time playing the patch, it doesn’t really fix any of the technological problems we wrote about.