Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft today released Windows 10 Build 17110 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This build does not include any end user consumer features, but includes a couple of features for enterprise customers. As usual, this build also includes several bug fixes and general improvements. Read about them below.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where buttons on Game bar were not centered correctly.
- We fixed an issue where a small number of PCs might have experienced one CPU under persistent high load or even a bugcheck (GSOD with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION).
- We fixed an issue where tearing a PDF tab in Microsoft Edge would result in a bugcheck (GSOD).
- We’ve updated Start so that it now follows the new Ease of Access setting to enable or disable hiding scrollbars.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some app icons appearing distorted in Task View.
- We fixed an issue where making a pinch gesture over the open apps in Task View might result in no longer being able to scroll down to Timeline.
- We fixed an issue where pressing and holding on a card in Timeline would open the corresponding app, rather than bringing up a context menu.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the title bar overlapping content when you opened your lists in Cortana’s notebook.
- We’ve updated the new notification to fix blurry apps so that it now will persist in the Action Center to be accessed later once the toast has timed out and dismissed.
- We fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to open a new inPrivate window of Microsoft Edge from the taskbar jumplist while in Tablet Mode.
- We fixed an issue where dragging a Microsoft Edge tab out of the window and releasing hold of it somewhere over the desktop might periodically result in a stuck invisible window.
- We fixed an issue resulting in DirectAccess not working in recent builds, where the connection would be stuck with status “Connecting”.
- We fixed an issue where the touch keyboard number pad would show the period as a decimal separator for countries that use the comma as a decimal separator.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to turn on and off third party IMEs using the touch keyboard.
- We fixed an issue resulting in numbers not being inserted when flicking up on the top row of letters in the wide touch keyboard layout.
- Selecting a notification after taking a screenshot or game clip opens the Xbox app’s home screen instead of opening the screenshot or game clip.
- Post-install at the first user-prompted reboot or shutdown, a small number of devices have experienced a scenario wherein the OS fails to load properly and may enter a reboot loop state. For affected PCs, turning off fast boot may bypass the issue. If not, it is necessary to create a bootable ISO on a USB drive, boot into recovery mode, and this this will allow bypass.
- When Movies & TV user denies access to its videos library (through the “Let Movies & TV access your videos library?” popup window or through Windows privacy settings), Movies & TV crashes when the user navigates to the “Personal” tab.