Bose today announced that it will support Google Assistant in its smart speakers and soundbars. The Bose Home Speaker 500, Bose Soundbar 500 and 700, and the new Bose Home Speaker 300 are the first set of Bose devices that will support Google Assistant. Google Assistant will allow you to control music, smart home devices and more.
If you already own a compatible Bose speaker, download the latest software update that brings the Google Assistant as a voice assistant option. After the update is installed, you can go to “Voice Settings” for the device in the Bose Music app and select the Google Assistant.
Some things you can do with Google Assistant:
- Enjoy entertainment: Ask the Google Assistant to play music and radio from your speaker. Or, stream videos to your Chromecast-enabled TV with a simple voice command to your Bose smart speaker. Later this summer, you’ll be able to play the news and podcasts, too.
- Get answers: Get answers on sports, weather, finance, calculations and translations.
- Control compatible smart home devices: Check that the lights are turned off when you leave home and adjust the thermostat when you return. The Assistant works with over 3,500 home automation brands and more than 30,000 devices.
- Plan your day: With your permission, get help with things like your flight information, or your commute to work. Check on the latest weather and traffic in your area.
- Manage tasks: With your permission, your Assistant can add items to your shopping list and stock up on essentials. Set alarms and timers hands free.