Bose today announced the new Bose Portable Home Speaker with rechargeable battery, Bluetooth, voice control and new new design. The new Portable Home speaker will offer 360-degree sound and deeper bass when compared to other speakers of its class. Despite weighing just 2.3 pounds, this speaker will offer up to 12 hours of battery life. This speaker also supports Wi-Fi, so you can use your voice to to access built-in Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa to access music, news, smart home devices, and more. The Bose Portable Home Speaker also supports AirPlay 2 and Spotify Connect.
Other highlights of Bose Portable Home Speaker:
- The Portable speaker is cylindrical, measuring 7.5” high and just over 4” across, and wrapped in a seamless, anodized aluminum enclosure shaped precisely to enable its audio performance.
- There are buttons on top for basic functionality, including Bose’s proprietary mic-off feature. You have got buttons for power, volume, play/pause and skip tracks, wake or dismiss virtual assistants, and Bluetooth source.
- The Bose Music app offers features like the ability to browse content, switch music services, create a multi-room system with other Bose smart speakers and soundbars, and download software for new features.
- Later this year, after update, you can pair the Portable with a Bose SoundLink speaker for synchronized, voice-controlled audio.
- The new Bose Portable is water-resistant with an IPX4 rating to survive spills, splashes, and rain; and rugged enough to withstand drops, knocks, and hits.
- It comes with an integrated handle for convenience, and can charge through standard USB-C, or a charging cradle that’s sold separately for $29.
Bose Portable Home Speaker will be available in two colors, Triple Black and Luxe Silver. You can order it on September 19th for $349.