Bookviser – popular eBook reader for Windows Phone – has just arrived on Windows 8. If you ever used iBooks on iPad, enjoy its “skeuomorphic” book look and wonder when the reading experience of this kind comes to Window 8 platform, make sure to check out this app.
First of all authors of Bookviser tried to reproduce look and feel of a physical book. Mostly this is achieved through the use of pseudo 3D page turning animation. Also, opened book has cover and visible pile of pages which helps to eat up excessive area on the sides of the display. This answers popular concern that 16:9 aspect ratio of Windows 8 tablets makes them too wide for eBooks and thus less suited for reading than iPad with its 4:3 aspect ratio.
What else makes Bookviser a good reader? Well, here’s what Bookviser for Windows 8 allows you to do:
- pick up color scheme that best fits your eyes and time of the day
- select from any font type supported by your device
- adjust font size and line spacing
Work with text:
- copy and share to Twitter, Facebook, email or any app via Windows 8 Charms mechanism
- look up word definition in Google
- look up word definition in dictionary installed on your device
Advanced library management:
- sort titles alphabetically or by the date of last opening
- group by authors, genre or first letter of the title
- filter new books
- search in the library
Numerous import options:
- import files located on your device
- import your books from Skydrive or other cloud services
- download titles from pre-installed catalogs (Feedbooks, Project Guttenberg, AllRomance, Smashwords)
- connect any other OPDS catalog of your choice
- perform bulk import of files
|The above mentioned functionality is made on top of standard features present in Windows Phone version of the app such as bookmarks, footnotes support, search for text in the book, progress bar and “go to location” function.|
Features planned for the nearest future include synchronization of Windows Phone and Windows 8 versions, built-in dictionary, note taking, highlights, Text-to-Speech, MOBI, DjVu and PDF support.
Download Bookviser here from Windows Store for free.