Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
At MWC 2019, Microsoft announced Azure Kinect, a successor to the Kinect for Windows. New Azure Kinect is a connected depth camera that enables enterprise to build AI vision solutions. It features best in class depth sensor, high definition 4K camera and a microphone array (7 mics). Azure Kinect is designed to make it easy for developers to work with Azure, but it can be used with or without any cloud provider. Microsoft today announced the general availability of Azure Kinect in the US and China. Microsoft has also started shipping Azure Kinect to pre-ordered customers.
What’s inside Azure Kinect:
- 1-MP depth sensor with wide and narrow FOV options which enable the user to optimize for their application
- 7-mic array to enable far-field speech and sound capture
- 12-MP RGB video camera for additional color stream that’s aligned to the depth stream
- Accelerometer and gyroscope (IMU) that enable sensor orientation and spatial tracking
- External sync pins to easily synchronize sensor streams from multiple Kinects simultaneously
Azure Kinect costs $399 and developers can order it today from Microsoft.