Google today announced the availability of Apple TV app on the Chromecast with Google TV. The Apple TV app will also be available on Google TVs from Sony and TCL. Google also has plans to roll out Apple TV app to more Android TV-powered devices in the coming months.
Apple TV app features:
- Google TV gives users with subscriptions to Apple TV+ the ability to tune into award-winning original shows, movies and documentaries from the world’s most creative storytellers.
- You can enjoy Apple Originals, including series like “Ted Lasso,” which was recently nominated for two Golden Globes, “For All Mankind” season two debuting tomorrow, “The Morning Show” and “Servant,” as well as movies like “Greyhound” and “Palmer.”
- The Apple TV app also gives you access to your library of movie and TV show purchases from Apple, as well as personalized and curated recommendations and Apple TV channels.
- And with Family Sharing, up to six family members can share subscriptions to Apple TV+ and Apple TV channels.
- With Google TV in the U.S., you can browse Apple Originals in your personalized recommendations and search results.
- And with Google Assistant, you can also use your voice to ask Google to open the Apple TV app or play an Apple Original title. If you aren’t ready to watch right away, you can add Apple Originals to your Watchlist for later. These features will roll out globally in the coming months.