Apple today announced the new iPhone 11, the successor to the iPhone XR. Apple claims that iPhone 11 is an affordable option for smartphone buyers and it offers several improvements over the iPhone XR. Read about the improvements below.
- The new iPhone 11 is powered by the new A13 Bionic processor internally codenamed Cebu. The new A13 is the fast smartphone processor on the market.
- A13 Bionic is built for machine learning, with a faster Neural Engine for real-time photo and video analysis, and new Machine Learning Accelerators that allow the CPU to deliver more than 1 trillion operations per second.
- 6.1-inch Retina TrueTone LCD display.
- iPhone 11 features the toughest glass ever in a smartphone.
- Portrait mode now supports pets.
- The new iPhone 11 comes with dual-camera setup on the back. There’s a new ultrawide lens to capture more of the scene.
- The dual-camera system lets users easily zoom between each camera while Audio Zoom matches the audio to the video framing for more dynamic sound.
- Portrait Lighting now comes with Light Control.
- New QuickTake feature allows you to take videos by holding the capture button while taking photos.
- New Night mode feature similar to Google Pixel.
- Front camera upgraded to 12MP with wide angle support.
- Front camera supports 4K video and slow motion video.
- New Spatial audio and Dolby Atmos support for improved audio experience.
- iPhone 11 comes in six new stunning colors including purple, green, yellow, black, white and PRODUCT(RED).
- Will offer 1 hour more battery life than iPhone XR.
- Faster FaceID. New multi-angle Face ID sensor can capture a wider field of view allowing users to unlock the device when it is flat on a table.
- WiFi 6 support
- Improved water and dust resistant. It is rated IP68 for water resistance up to 2 meters for up to 30 minutes.
- The new Apple-designed U1 chip uses Ultra Wideband technology, the first ever in a smartphone, for spatial awareness. With iOS 13.1 coming on September 30, AirDrop gets even better with directionally aware suggestions.
iPhone 11 starts at just $699.