AMD today finally unveiled the Radeon RX Vega family of GPUs for advanced desktop PC gaming platforms. This mark AMD’s return to the enthusiast gaming segment. Radeon RX Vega series consists of three variants: Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooled Edition, engineered with 64 compute units to be the most powerful Radeon ever built; the Radeon RX Vega 64 with air cooling, and the Radeon RX Vega 56, available starting at just $399 USD.
Radeon RX Vega family of graphics cards are built on the “Vega” GPU architecture with cutting edge features like Rapid Packed Math, the High Bandwidth Cache Controller and new Geometry and Pixel Engines that will improve the performance while gaming in low-level APIs like DirectX 12 and Vulkan.
Highlights of Radeon RX Vega GPUs:
- Architected for better enthusiast-class gaming – The Radeon RX Vega represents the most sophisticated GPU architecture ever designed for enthusiast-class gaming. It features next-gen compute units enabling native processing of multiple data-type operations in each clock cycle. Radeon RX Vega offers up to 13.7 TFLOPS of peak performance to power through even the most demanding games and VR applications.
- Exceptional premium design – Radeon RX Vega gaming cards have been impeccably designed with state-of-the-art, premium styling. Select models feature a satin-brushed aluminum shroud, an anodized aluminum backplate, customizable GPU tach meter and iconic LED illumination, and controls for dual vBIOS. Air-cooled versions boast the latest isothermic vapor chamber for maximum heat displacement while the liquid-cooled version features a next-generation cooling design incorporating a high-efficiency pump, zero-bend radius tubing and a Nidec Gentle Typhoon fan for quiet operation.
- Leading display technologies – Radeon RX Vega graphics cards support Radeon FreeSync technology, a true leap forward for PC gaming enabling smooth, vibrant HDR gaming, 10-bit display support and low-framerate compensation. Radeon RX Vega graphics cards support HDMI 4K60 and DisplayPort 1.4, enabling high-resolution and high-refresh displays powering experiences such as Radeon FreeSync with high-refresh, Ultra HD, ultrawide, and single-cable 5K resolutions.
- Unmatched capabilities and control with Radeon Software – Radeon Software compliments the sophisticated hardware of the Radeon RX Vega graphics card, enabling the ultimate in performance, features and stability to ensure an exceptional out-of-box experience that will keep getting better.
For a limited time, AMD along with its partners are offering new Radeon Packs, including deep discounts on select Ryzen CPUs and motherboards combos as well as select Samsung displays with Radeon FreeSync displays, and two AAA game titles.
Radeon Packs include a $200 discount on the 34″ Samsung CF791 curved ultrawide FreeSync monitor, and a $100 discount on select Ryzen 7 1800X processor and 370X motherboard combos.
- Radeon Red Pack – Featuring the Radeon RX Vega 56, an air-cooled card priced at $499 SEP.
- Radeon Black Pack – Featuring the Radeon RX Vega 64, an air-cooled card priced at $599 SEP.
- Radeon Aqua Pack – Featuring the Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooled Edition, the most powerful of the Radeon RX Vega graphics cards, priced at $699 SEP.
Along with the Radeon RX Vega graphics card, the discount on the Samsung monitor with Radeon FreeSync and Ryzen CPU+motherboard, each Radeon Pack also includes, in select regions, two highly anticipated games in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and Prey for free, an estimated $120 value.