AOL has just announced AIM for Windows Mobile 2.0 Beta. The software brings a number of new features and changes.
New in AIM for Windows Mobile 2.0:
- Lifestream! Keep tabs on what’s going on with your buddies. We’ve added a convenient "Lifestream" tab to the Buddy List. There is so much to check out:
- Get AIM activities like status updates.
- Got friends on other networks? Add your Facebook or Twitter services and never miss an update. Start syncing to your accounts by going to lifestream.aim.com and update your settings.
- You can add your YouTube or Delicious accounts too.
- Leave a comment, like an item. Obviously, if your friends don’t have the beta they won’t know about the Lifestream so if you want to try out commenting back and forth with someone make sure they have the beta too.
- Read comments made by your friends. Obviously, if your friends don’t have the beta, they won’t know about the Lifestream. Comments can be made on the desktop AIM beta client or at lifestream.aim.com.
- Me tab. The "Me" tab is a companion to the Lifestream that lets you know when people leave you comments or "like" your updates.
- Minor bug fixes. Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
AIM for Windows Mobile can be downloaded or can be sent to your cell phone.
Supported Devices: AIM for Windows Mobile supports devices with the Windows Mobile 5 and Windows Mobile 6 operating systems. Some examples are:
- T-Mobile Wingâ„¢
- Sprint Mogulâ„¢ and HTC Touchâ„¢
- AT&T Blackjackâ„¢ II, Tiltâ„¢
- Sprint Samsung Aceâ„¢
- Motorola Q
- Verizon Wireless XV6800
- Most Palm Treo’s
For more information about the GM version AIM for Windows Mobile, go to here.