At Adobe Max conference today, Adobe unveiled the preview version of Photoshop CC app for iPad for the first time. Unlike the existing version of Photoshop app that is already available on iPad, this new Photoshop CC is a full version that is equivalent to the desktop versions available on Windows and Mac. Photoshop CC on iPad will allow you to open and edit native PSD files and will feature the familiar Photoshop layers panel.
Some highlights about Photoshop CC for iPad:
- It shares the same code base as its desktop counterpart, so there’s no compromises on power and performance or editing results.
- Creative work you do in Photoshop on the desktop you can also do on your iPad, with the exact same PSD files with the edits right where you left off. We will release a smaller set of features on the iPad first so we can ship the 1.0 version to you quickly, and gradually add the rest over time.
- When you open it, you’ll find a toolbar with the core iconic tools and powerful layer system for advanced control. You’ll also find selections and masking, filters, adjustments, and much more.
- But we’re completely rethinking the user experience for a modern touch device. You’ll find it familiar, but also adapted in smart ways for the device.
- We’ve designed Photoshop on iPad with natural touch gestures in mind to speed up workflows.
Adobe mentioned that Photoshop CC for iPad will be available in 2019.