Adobe today announced the release of Photoshop Elements 2018 and Premiere Elements 2018 with a number of exciting new features and enhancements. Since Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are consumer focused apps, Adobe has added features around easier media organization, automated editing and new Guided Edits that will walk users through how to edit photos and videos and create using these apps.
Adobe Elements Organizer 2018 now automatically curates photos based on quality, faces, subjects and more. This will allow users to enjoy their photos most of the time instead of painfully looking through a large batch of photos to select the best ones. The Elements Organizer now automatically create slideshows based on curated photos and video clips in just one click. Users can also customize it with their theme and music, and captions.
Guided Edits allows users to perform complex tasks using easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements already offers 67 Guided Edits. With the latest update, they are adding the following eight new ones.
- Swap Backgrounds – Replace backgrounds in seconds by selecting the subject of a photo and placing it on a background that’s more interesting.
- Create Double Exposures – Double exposures continue to grow in popularity, but are difficult and time consuming. No more with this new Guided Edit that brings one photo to life within another to create the surreal effect.
- Add Artistic Overlay Effects – Embellish any photo with a shape overlay and one-click effects that make it a work of art. This Guided Edit is great for scrapbook pages and photo crafts.
- Make Amazing Watercolors – With this Guided Edit, turn any photo into a beautiful, textured watercolor—and even finish it off with text.
- Create fun bounce-back effects – Get step-by-step help making a segment of your video run forward and backward repetitively. Export your bounce-back effect as an animated GIF or short video clip that you can quickly share across social channels with your friends and family.
- Freeze frames with motion titles – Another new Guided Edit that helps you create a freeze frame of your video and add an eye-catching motion title for pro-looking results.
- Fix Action Cam Footage – Eliminate the wide angle fisheye effect of action cams with guidance on how to expertly trim, correct color, and fix lens distortions so it looks its best.
- Create animated social posts – Create a short visual story to share on social media by embellishing a video clip with either static or animated text.
In Photoshop Elements 2018, Adobe has simplified the selection process. With the new Auto Selection feature, users can simply click and drag. The most useful feature included in this release is the following one. Photoshop Elements can now automatically copy the open eyes from one photo and blend them into another to create the perfect shot.
In Premiere Elements: 2018, users can automatically extract great photos from their raw video footage with ease. And the Smart Trim feature automatically trim the bad scenes and keep the good ones based on the style of the video and users can even customize that automation.