The top two browsers for Windows Phone, Surfy and UC Browser, both offer considerable feature sets. Yet one stands out, and is set to take the position as the #1 Windows Phone web browser app.
Without further ado, here are the top 10 reasons why Surfy is better than UC Browser:
- Surfy has real tabs just like on the desktop. UC Browser has multiple screens, which are cumbersome and time consuming to switch between.
- Surfy is all about you, and has themable tiles and a panoramic hub that you can personalize with photos from your own collection. Surfy’s theme support allows you to configure the highlight and tab color to follow your phone’s theme color.
- Surfy includes free downloadable HTML5 games that are playable even when not connected to the internet.
- Surfy lets you save and share downloaded files using email or via other apps on your phone.
- Surfy is made by a small Mum and Dad company in Switzerland, unlike UC Browser, which has thousands of employees.
- Surfy is updated far more frequently with new features. Surfy has had more than 20 new releases in the past 12 months.
- Surfy is integrated with Cortana and has Voice Search allowing you to search using your voice and your preferred search engine.
- Surfy allows you to listen to pages with its amazing multilingual text to speech engine.
- Surfy supports a broad range of the new Windows Phone 8.1 capabilities, including file and link transfer capabilities, as well as File Save and Open Picker support. Surfy even supports shake to refresh.
- Surfy has been translated by volunteers into 21 languages, with more on the way. UC Browser supports only 9 languages.
Download Surfy for free here.