Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft has announced an update to Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) on Windows 11 this month. While there are lots of improvements on the list, the most significant detail in the news is the availability of the Android 13 update to all Windows Insider channels.
In December last year, Microsoft also updated WSA to Android 13. However, the coverage of the update only covered the members of the Windows Subsystem for Android Preview Program, which is different from its Windows Insider program. This means the expansion of the WSA’s Android 13 update, although limited to Insiders at this time.
Aside from the update to Android 13, the update only includes minimal improvements. Here they are:
- Windows Subsystem for Android updated to Android 13
- Improvements in boot performance
- Improvements to mouse click input
- Improvements in clipboard stability
- Improvements to application resizing
- Reliability improvements to media files opening in Windows
- Jumplist entries for applications supporting app shortcuts
Today’s Android 13 update of the WSA on Windows 11 brings its version to 2211.40000.11.0.