‘Watch Corner Gas’ is a new free Windows Phone app lets you watch all 107 episodes of Corner Gas via online streaming. Corner Gas is a hilarious Canadian television sitcom created by Brent Butt. The series ran for six seasons from 2004 to 2009 on the CTV network. The comedy series depicts the life, or lack thereof, of a proprietor of a gas station, which is the only stop for miles around, and a hub of action in the fictional town of Dog River, Saskatchewan.
The app also lets you learn more about the series, the characters, the cast, and more. Also known as “the Canadian version of Seinfeld”, Corner Gas became an instant hit in Canada, averaging a million TV viewers per episode. Corner Gas has been the recipient of six Gemini Awards, and has been nominated almost 70 times for various awards. Yes, it does feature ice hockey and curling in a few episodes.
*** APP FEATURES ***
- Watching Corner Gas episodes requires Internet streaming. Make sure you have an active Internet connection. To avoid incurring Telecom carrier charges, either use an unlimited Internet data plan or watch the episodes over Wi-Fi.
- All episodes are streamed using the default Windows Phone video player. Rotate your phone to watch in landscape mode. Note that some episodes are in 4:3 standard TV format, while many of the later episodes are in 16:10 widescreen format.
- Some screens support Text-to-Speech to have the text read out loud using your phone’s default voice.
- The app also lets you change your lockscreen image to a photo of the iconic gas station from the series, and access IMDb, Wikipedia and Nokia Here Maps.
This app is made available for free and funded via in-app advertisement. To remove the ads, an option is available from the main screen or About page for a small fee.
Built with Microsoft App Studio
Watch Corner Gas is a great app on its own, but what makes it especially interesting is that this app was developed in part with the new Microsoft App Studio. App Studio is an online web tool that lets app creators design and build a full Windows Phone app prototype without any programming code, all from a web browser. Creators can create screens, lists and pull in various data sources such as YouTube channels or RSS feeds.
- Sorting the episodes by season and episode number;
- Link to Amazon, IMDb and Wikipedia pages via WebBrowser tasks
- Link to Here Maps via the Nokia Maps SDK and URI launchers
- In-app advertising for monetization
- In-app purchase to remove the ads
- About page
- Feedback form
App Studio is available for free and lets anyone create an app in less than 1 hour.
For ideas and suggestions on how to improve the Watch Corner Gas app, you can contact the developer on Twitter at @ActiveNick.
You can watch a live demo of the app using the embedded player below:
‘Corner Gas’ is a trademark of Prairie Pants Productions Inc. The ‘Watch Corner Gas’ app, Big Bald Apps and Mobility42 LLC are not affiliated with CTV or Prairie Pants Productions Inc.
Video demo of the Watch Corner Gas app for Windows Phone below.