VoiceWake is a Cortana extension app for Windows Phone 8.1 that uses Wake On LAN technology to turn on your PC. Just configure your PC and home network for Wake On LAN (if your motherboard supports it), enter some preliminary information about your pc into VoiceWake, then you’re ready to go!
Once configured, you can use the command ‘Cortana wake [computername]’ to turn on your PC. A quick demonstration can be seen here.
The current release is just a Lite version to show off some functionality of the application, but later this week I will be releasing a paid version (Ad free of course) with a few other nifty features including:
- Location based wake – Tell Cortana to wake your PC when you arrive at a specific location.
- Scheduled wake – Tell Cortana to wake your PC at a specific time.
Due to some limitations of developing on windows phone, the scheduled wake does not work at an exact time, but rather will occur within 15 minutes of the user’s specified time.
Some commands you can use in the full version include:
- Cortana wake computer when I get home
- Cortana schedule computer to wake up tomorrow at 11 am
- Cortana schedule computer to wake up on May 12th at 7:00 am
VoiceWake Lite can be downloaded on the windows phone store here.
I’m also doing a Q&A session on reddit regarding configuring Wake On LAN if anyone has any specific questions. See here.