Twitter team has partnered with Bing Translator to provide machine translations of Tweets between more than 40 language pairs. With Tweet translation, you can choose when you want to see a translation for a Tweet, and you can also adjust your settings so the option to view Tweet translations is disabled.
To adjust the Tweet translation setting:
- Log in to your account on a desktop or laptop computer.
- Go to your Account settings and locate the Tweet translation section.
- Change your Tweet translation setting by checking the box next to Show Tweet translations.
To view a Tweet translation:
- When you see a Tweet in a different language, look for the globe icon located in the Tweet.
- If you see it, click or tap the Tweet to expand it.
- A translation of the text in the Tweet will appear below the original Tweet.