There is an app called NOAA in Windows Store which offers amazing real-time hi-def animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map, along with weather forecast and snowfall on the same map.
* This is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
* This is the only app that allows *you* to control the loop speed, and also choose the interval between individual frames from 5 minutes all the way to 1 hr, and also change the number of frames shown in animation.
- Sharp images
- Choose between Radar layer for rain or Cloud Coverage layer.
- Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
- Fast Loading
- Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
- Bookmark multiple locations for quick access
- Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames.
- See images from up to 6 hours ago by increasing frame interval and number of frames to maximum
- Get fast support from within the app
Download it here from Windows Store for free.