Popular privacy-focused messaging app Telegram updated their app to version 5.2 with a large number of changes and improvements.
The update increases the size of groups to 200,000, and any group can now become a supergroup. Group admins can now control what media users can post, or stop them from posting at all. You also now have 5 seconds to cancel the deletion of chat history before it disappears forever.
The official changelog reads:
- Global permissions for groups. Restrict all members in any group from posting certain types of content.
- Unified group settings. Make groups public, set admins with granular permissions and toggle persistent history in any group.
- Undo deleting chats and clearing chat history within 5 seconds. Detailed confirmation dialogues when deleting chats.
- New sorting options in Contacts: by name or by last seen time.
- New animations when uploading and downloading media.
You can get the app at the links below.