Samsung today announced that it will be bringing the new features of the Galaxy Watch Active2 device to its earlier-generation watches, Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch Active. With the latest update, Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch Active users will be able to enjoy new customization features, improved Samsung Health features and better Bixby support. Read about these new features in detail below.
- Users can use Bixby Voice to start exercise routines, find out time differences between places, and easily control their SmartThings ecosystem. Not only does Bixby learn from your routine and become more helpful over time, but its newly expanded language capabilities include British English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Users will now have access to 24 new sub-dials and complications, building on the 17 already available.
- The improved UX will bring our new My Style feature to Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch Active for the first time.
- Icons for in-use apps have been moved to the bottom of the watch face, helping users keep track of and quickly access any apps with in-progress tasks, such as outgoing calls.
- The current time will now always be displayed on-screen when the stopwatch app is in use or users are on a call, and users can more easily customize the icons in their quick panel thanks to a change in layout.
- Other UX benefits include a clearer graphic UI, easier user interaction, and new emoji offerings in a range of diverse skin tones.
- For Galaxy Watch Active users, a new Touch Bezel interface is included in the upgrade, allowing users to navigate using finger swipe actions around the bezel.
- Users can now keep track of their fitness goals through the Daily Active feature, as well as track lap times while running or cycling. And as part of the expanded heart monitoring suite, Galaxy Watch will now support a Low Heart Rate Alert.
This new update roll-out has already started, so it will be available to all Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch Active users in the coming weeks.