Indie developer Dark Blue Games has announced the post-apocalyptic rogue-lite Infected Shelter, self-described as Dead Cells meets Castle Crashers with some executions thrown in.
According to the developer in a press release, “every run is different because of the randomly generated content. By beating enemies players can loot more than 150 different blueprints of permanent improvements and this is the key to Infected Shelter’s replayability. Instead of just collecting loot to make yourself more powerful during a single run, you unlock new weapons, clothes, skills, relics and RPG-like character improvements that change how you play the game in the following runs.”
- Randomly generated post-apocalyptic environments
- Fast paced, violent and complex 2D brawler-like combat with lots of firearms and melee weapons
- Rogue-lite / rogue-like elements, play-learn-die-unlock-improve-
- Permanent upgrades that change how you play the game in the following runs
- 150+ blueprints to unlock new weapons, clothes, skills, relics and RPG-like character improvements
- 50+ brutal, ultra-violent executions
- Local co-op with up to 4 players
Infected Shelter will release for PC sometime this year and is expected to come to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch at a later date.