Microsoft is today releasing a major update to the OneNote app in Windows 10. The update is being rolled out to a small group of users part of Skip Ahead in the Windows Insider program, which means regular Windows Insiders who are enrolled into the Fast Ring won’t be getting the update unless they are a part of Skip Ahead. In terms of the features, the update brings some interesting new additions.
The headline feature here is the ability to automatically convert handwriting into text. This feature allows you to convert all the handwriting on your notes into text with a single click of a button, and you can also select what exactly you want to convert to text. The update also brings new ink effects for handwriting and drawing, in addition to some more graph-related features. There’s also an improved back button functionality which now lets you go forward and backward — making navigation much easier within the app.
Here’s the full list of new things:
- Convert handwriting to text: Take quick handwritten notes, and later convert them to text to align with the rest of your content. It’ll even preserve the size and color of your ink, as well as highlights and effects! On the Draw tab, click the Lasso Select button. Drag a circle around the text you want to convert, then click Ink to Text.
- More dazzling ink effects: Grab a pen on the Drawing tab and try out lava, ocean, bronze, and rose gold. Make your notes sparkle!
- More graph features: In addition to graphing your function, OneNote can now calculate its key features — such as minima, maxima, or axes intercepts.
- Revisit recent pages: Use the new Forward and Back arrows above the Home tab to navigate through the note pages you’ve already visited.
- Link to a specific paragraph: Create a link to a specific paragraph and jump to that content. It’s a great way to make a quick table of contents at the top of a long page of notes, or copy the link and paste it in an email to help others find the specific content you want them to see.
- Copy a hyperlink: Right-click a hyperlink in your notes and copy the link to use in other places.
If you are a Windows Insider in Skip Ahead, you can download the latest update for OneNote below.
[appbox windowsstore 9wzdncrfhvjl]