Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Nreal, the developer behind Nreal Light mixed reality glasses, recently launched the NRSDK 1.0 Beta. Using this SDK, developers can start building applications for Nreal Light headset which is releasing later this year. This SDK will also help developers to easily migrate existing Android apps to be run on Nreal Light with support for most popular developing tools.
NRSDK 1.0 Beta Features:
- Spatial Computing – With spatial computing offered through the NRSDK, developers are able to program MR applications that merge digital objects with the real world. Built-in SLAM and computer vision algorithms enable 6 DoF tracking, map your surrounding environment and even analyze, recognize and understand the objects in view.
- Optimized Rendering – To minimize latency, the NRSDK optimizes the rendering of graphics for a smoother and more comfortable viewing experience that doesn’t result in motion sickness.
- Multi-Modal Interactions – In the vein of a fully immersive MR experience, the NRSDK offers multiple ways to interact with digital content including a 3 DoF controller, or simply by using your mobile phone as a controller.
- Developer Tools – Empowering developers to make it easy to develop their MR glasses-based apps, the NRSDK offers “Observer View,” an embedded testing tool that enables developers to cast their MR content through a tablet for third party viewers.
- 3rd Party SDK Integration – To fully unlock the potential of mixed reality experiences, the NRSDK allows developers to access raw data from Nreal Light’s sensors, for instance the RGB camera, and integrate other 3rd party SDKs that offer enhanced features to build powerful new MR/AR applications
Nreal also announced a hardware package for developers called the “Nreal Light Developer Kit,” it includes the Nreal Light glasses, a 3 DoF controller and nreal’s proprietary computing pack. Nreal Light Developer Kit is available to developers for $1,199 USD and it will begin shipping in September 2019.