Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
A week ago Microsoft renamed the old Xbox App to the Xbox Console Companion App, to make way for a new Xbox App experience for Windows 10.
Like most of Microsoft’s cross-platform apps, the app is an Electron app, but features a fluent design with rounded corners.
It appears the app will let you browse your Xbox Game App collection, purchase games, and will have a social element.
The feature list includes:
- Explore what’s new and browse the library of Xbox Game Pass games on PC. You can browse by genre, see recommended and featured games, search for a game, and subscribe to Game Pass.
- Game detail pages display gameplay trailers, screenshots, system requirements, ratings and reviews; you’ll also see add-on content and suggestions of similar games that other players also like.
- Manage your installed games with the sidebar. Most recent games are at the top, or you can reorder them as you see fit. You can view download progress and launch an installed game with one click.
- Chat with your friends using voice or text across PC, Xbox One, and mobile, either 1:1 with another friend, or in a group.
- The new Xbox app and Xbox Game Bar work together seamlessly, so players can keep up the conversation from the social tab as they play.
Major Nelson has said the app will require the May 2019 Update for Windows 10.
The app can be seen but now downloaded from the Store here.
[appbox windowsstore 9mv0b5hzvk9z]