Microsoft has just released a new update for the weekly Dev build of the new Chromium-powered Edge browser, taking it to Build 184.108.40.206.
The release brings the following changes:
- Added a page in Settings to choose your desired New Tab Page layout.
- Added an option in the Help and Feedback menu to report an unsafe website.
- Multiple tabs can now be selected using the keyboard’s ctrl and space keys.
- Added dark theme to the Send Feedback dialog.
- Added a separator between the active tab and the rest of the tabs when the color of the tab band makes it difficult to tell the difference between the active tab and the rest of the tabs.
- Updated the color of windows when they’re inactive.
It also contains a large number of fixes:
- Fixed an issue where opening Settings as a guest crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where opening DevTools in InPrivate sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where the loading spinner and the tab icon existed at the same time.
- Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud.
- Fixed an issue where certain webpages with videos would crash.
- Fixed an issue where favorites sometimes get deleted if the first run experience is interrupted.
- Fixed some strings that weren’t translated.
- Fixed an issue where installed websites can’t be uninstalled from Windows Settings.
- Fixed an issue where DevTools extensions weren’t appearing in the list of DevTools extensions.
- Fixed an issue where sync sometimes wouldn’t work when using a VPN.
- Fixed an issue where files shown on the downloads page used a generic icon instead of the file’s own icon.
Users on the Apple MacOS platform will also see these exclusive changes:
- Fixed an issue where clicking the Restart App button when installing an update doesn’t open the browser again.
- Fixed an issue where context menus sometimes aren’t shown.
- Fixed an issue where the text for the keyboard shortcut to open Downloads is different depending on where it is seen.
- Fixed an issue where the prompt to enter keychain credentials is unexpectedly seen after installing a new build.
Users in the weekly Dev channel can update their browser by visiting the About Edge page in the Browser Settings.