Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
As has been rumoured earlier, Microsoft has announced a new Office app for mobile devices at Ignite 2019 which combines a number of individual apps into a single monolithic app which includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The new Office Mobile app also brings a new Action pane which lets users intuitively complete a variety of common on-the-go tasks, such as creating and signing PDFs and sharing files between devices.
Microsoft also showed off some additional cool features, such as taking a picture of a document and turning it into an editable Word document or a table into an editable Excel spreadsheet.
The feature list of the app includes:
- Create, edit, and work together on documents with others in real-time.
- Store and access documents in the cloud or on your device.
- Easily access recent and frequently used Word, Excel, PowerPoint files stored in the cloud or on your device.
- Search for documents stored in the cloud, on your phone, or across your organization (if using a work account).
Uniquely mobile ways that make document creation easier:
- Snap a picture of a document and turn it into an editable Word file with the press of a button.
- Transform a picture of a table into an Excel spreadsheet so you can work with the data.
- Let PowerPoint help you design a presentation by simply selecting the pictures you want to use from your phone.
- Create automatically enhanced digital images of whiteboards and documents with Office Lens features integrated into the app.
Quickly perform common mobile tasks with in-built Actions:
- Instantly create PDFs from photos or Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
- Sign PDFs using your finger.
- Quickly jot down ideas and notes with Sticky Notes.
- Easily transfer files between your phone and computer or share instantly with nearby mobile devices.
- Scan QR codes to open files and links.